Why do Christians no longer follow the Great Commission?

Question:

Why do Christians no longer follow the Great Commission?  As Jesus said in Matthew 28:18-20, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

My Reply:
I'm glad you asked this, because it is a huge problem.  A large number of Christians today no longer follow the Great Commission because either they're comfortable in their lives, their too afraid of "offending" somebody with their beliefs, they don't recognize the Bible's authority, or they're not too sure about their faith themselves.  And people don't get fired up about something that they too doubt.
---Pastor Andy

No comments: