What does Scientology have to offer me?

Question:
Now, I am not interested in the teachings, I am not interested in the social benefit, and I am not interested in freeing my body from Aliens.  What does the church have to offer me culture-wise? Do their "Priests" dress in unique clothing?  Do Scientology members participate in rituals?  Are there items that are of high regard in the Church? etc etc...

My Reply:
Being a Scientologist offers you about the same perks as being a Trekkie. A few include that fact that both doctrines and faiths are based on science fiction, and each was written by a human with a great imagination, and who was out to make a buck (or several millions). Culture-wise, both are also full of famous people, and "out of this world". 
Scientology-founder L. Ron Hubbard was a science fiction book writer. He said in an interview once that there's no money in fiction book writing, and that he thinks he'll start up a religion...and that's exactly what he did. 

Click on the blue links in the text for more information.
---Pastor Andy

No comments: