Revelation in the U.S. and dying for Christ

Would you die for Christ if it came down to it, or would you give in and go the way of the world to escape death?
The reason I ask this:  U.N. scheme to make Christians criminal, By Bob Unruh, © 2008 WorldNetDaily:
"Dozens of nations dominated by Islam are pressing the United Nations to adopt an anti-"defamation" plan that would make Christians criminals under international law, according to a United States organization that has launched a campaign to defend freedom of religion worldwide.
"Around the world, Christians are being increasingly targeted, and even persecuted, for their religious beliefs. Now, one of the largest organizations in the United Nations is pushing to make a bad situation even worse by promoting anti-Christian bigotry," the American Center for Law and Justice said yesterday in announcing its petition drive."
 
The rest of article found at
 http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageid=69163.

My Reply:
To answer the first part of your question, if it came down to it, would I die for Christ?  Heck yeah, definitely!  In fact, I even blogged on here about one time when I almost did.

In reference to your quotes and link: I find it interesting each time I see another point of reference to what Revelations says will happen.  For, just before mentioning about the 666-guy, it talks about how Christianity will be illegal, and Christians national (or worldwide) outcasts.
Actually, I had a dream about this, about 2-3 years ago:
Suddenly, all over the world, Christians were fugitives, even in the United States.  Much like the movie “Red Dawn”, a communist country had invaded and began imprisoning Christians all over the world...there was no escape from them (I know this because we could not figure a place to escape to).  I remember my wife & I sneaking around, looking over concrete barricades, and seeing enemy soldiers standing everywhere in groups of 2 or 3.  The confusing part about this though was who the country was that had invaded…in my dream/vision, It was revealed to me as North Korea, yet I remember being confused of their red markings, (awake, I know their flag matches that of the markings in my dream, but in my dream, they reminded me more like that of China or Russia...maybe a future team-up?)  I also recalled that the weather was cold, for everybody was wearing jackets and coats, and the skies were gray.  And one guy standing in the streets with a group was wearing a black, leather jacket; There were enemy soldiers and concrete all around.  And when I woke up, the song in my head was Tourniquet’s “A Dog’s Breakfast.

Technically speaking though, regardless of what other countries and faiths believe, the USA is NOT a Christian country.  Though it may have been built upon Christian morals and ethics in the beginning, and though the original immigrants escaped over here in order to worship the Lord, the U.S.A. has fallen far from its original intents, for:
  1. In 2004, the U.S.A. was deemed the 3rd largest Christian mission field in the world.
  2. If you remember when Clinton was president, atheists would complain for "religious" symbols to be removed from US offices and such, and the president would grant it. But if a Christian organization wanted one put up, Clinton (a "proclaimed" Christian himself) rejected it.
  3. Public schools (such as some in Texas) have been banning "religious symbols" since the 1990s.
  4. Evolution is still being taught in schools
  5. Some schools are teaching the Koran
  6. Many schools teach new age (when I was in school, I had an assignment due on Greek Mythology).
  7. Children of Atheists don’t have to recite the Pledge of Allegiance because it states "One Nation under God".
  8. The 10 Commandments continue to get legally forced off of State and Federal Courts’ walls.
  9. Americans "tolerate" (actually accept and defend) other religions while Christianity is condemned, judged, and attacked.
  10. Holiness has been traded in for happiness (see my blogs on this: parts 1, 2, and 3)
  11. Stores (and U.S. Presidents) changing "Merry Christmas" to "Happy Holidays" (although this year, Walmart is advertising "Merry Christmas")
  12. "Christmas trees" are instead being called "Holiday Trees"
  13. Here's a good example going on now (October 2010)
  14. ...
Even all throughout history we read of kings and emperors working to completely demolish Christianity, but they never could. We also hear of God's people continuing their worship in countries where Christianity is illegal today.
So even if (or when) such should (or will) happen in the US today, I don't believe it will harm our faith...who knows? If anything, it may bring out the true followers of Christ versus those who just claim the name for the sake of looking good in the public eye.

But yeah, if it came down to it, I'd die for Christ.
---Pastor Andy

No comments: